Wilderness Challenge is proud of its Advanced EcoCertification on all products, and Master Operator status with Savannah Guides. These endorse our best practice ecotourism. On tour we ask guests to participate in the following ways:
- Sensitively observing our surroundings and wildlife
- Conserving water and not contaminating rivers and creeks
- Keeping the bush and remote communities clean
- Respecting indigenous cultures
Wilderness Challenge has an active role in regional conservation. We partner some of Australia’s leading agencies in our commitment to best practice ecotourism in Tropical North Queensland.
The Australian Rainforest Foundation is an incorporated not-for-profit organisation dedicated to education, research and habitat rehabilitation for Australia's rainforests made possible through investment, sponsorship and donations from corporate and private citizens. Although endorsed and supported by the Commonwealth and Queensland Governments the ARF believes that Australia’s Rainforests can not survive without the help of ‘every day’ citizens from Australia and around the world.
- Wilderness Challenge has supported numerous ARF public awareness initiatives.
The Australian Wildlife Conservancy is an independent, non-profit organisation dedicated to the conservation of Australia’s threatened wildlife and ecosystems.
Funded by tax-deductible donations, AWC is taking action to protect Australia’s wildlife by acquiring land to establish sanctuaries with on-ground conservation, scientific research and public education programs.
- Wilderness Challenge provides logistical support in AWC’s field trip program.
The Wilderness Society is a national, community-based, environmental advocacy organisation whose purpose is protecting, promoting and restoring wilderness and natural processes across Australia for the survival and ongoing evolution of life on Earth.
- Wilderness Challenge provides logistical and public awareness support in the Wilderness Society’s quest to promote sustainable development in Cape York Peninsula.
Queensland Parks & Wildlife is an agency of the Queensland Government. It strives to protect Queensland’s natural and cultural heritage, promote sustainable use of its natural capital and ensure a clean environment.
- Wilderness Challenge has participated in high level QPWS committee membership since 1999.